You are All Invited to Drone Safety Awareness Week
Safety: to protect against failure, breakage, or accident; and highly applicable to a new here-to-stay 21st Century phenomena – drones or UAS (Unmanned Aircraft Systems).
The third annual National Drone Safety Awareness week is September 13-19 and hosted by the FAA and the Unmanned Aircraft Safety Team (UAST). The in-person events and webinars are free to all participants, and the focus of September’s safety week is threefold: engaging with recreational flyers; the importance of UAS safety conversations; and increasing public acceptance of drones.
The National Drone Safety Awareness Week provides a way to reach out to the public and bring awareness about drone safety. Drone operators are encouraged to share their personal stories about how drones are useful and beneficial for many worthwhile situations.
“Whether you’re a recreational flyer, remote pilot, public safety official or business, you probably have a positive drone story, best practice, or safety information to share.”
A range of topics throughout the safety week include:
- Take the Trust Test
- Drones and Agriculture Safety
- Garnering Public Acceptance of UAS through Public Safety and Media Operations
- In the Zone with Drones
- Aviation Safety and Trust
- Learn About Drones
- Women in Aviation
How to participate:
- Host or participate in a virtual or in-person event, and please share the event with the entire community using the Unmanned Safety Team’s National Drone Safety Week Voluntary Tracking Tool;
- Follow and share social media updates from @FAADroneZone and @UAST;
- Post your own cool social content and use #DroneWeek;
- Participate in one of our many fun activities like our photo showcase or Drone@Home.
For more details visit: www.dronesafetyawarenessweek.com